Lcr 38

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squared1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a lightweight pistol and I looked at the air weights and Rossi , I'm ended purchasing the lcr I took it to the range and me my son and shooting buddy ran about 75-85 rounds through it. I've got to say ruger got this one right it's light accurate the trigger pull is nice and the recoil was light I am Verry pleased and the guys and gals at sooner sate pawn are a great group of people to deal with. If your looking for a lightweight revolver I would take a serious look at the ruger

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trigger is pretty good for a DAO gun. It's the only DAO revolver I've kept for more than a week.

The weight is great, I wound up carrying mine a lot more than I expected. The wife like to carry it also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody wanting to shoot a .38 out of a short barreled pistol really needs to look at the ballistics. I have a 6" S&W, and a Davis Derringer in .38. The smith will shoot through both sides of a 55 gallon shipping drum and dent the second. The same .38 round from the derringer will only dent the first barrel. No penetration what so ever. These are just my redneck velocity tests.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody wanting to shoot a .38 out of a short barreled pistol really needs to look at the ballistics. I have a 6" S&W, and a Davis Derringer in .38. The smith will shoot through both sides of a 55 gallon shipping drum and dent the second. The same .38 round from the derringer will only dent the first barrel. No penetration what so ever. These are just my redneck velocity tests.

What kind of load is that?

But yes, that is one of the primary reasons I moved to a compact auto instead of a wheel gun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
158 grain round lead nose. Not the hottest round out there, but neither of my .38's are rated for +P. Just showing the difference in barrel length using the same ammo.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I too have a Davis Derringer in .38 special. This weapon is a last resort - but it can be a game changer. Literally a point blank weapon. The LCR is much better as a primary, and there are self defense rounds in .38 special that compensate for the short barrel length. But the derringer does have its place - as a backup, last ditch resort of desperation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom