LCR vs J frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up with the 642. I purchased it from another member. The only rounds fired thru it were at the factory and from the gunsmith who did the trigger job. I'm very happy so far with it. I will put some rounds down it in the morning, but I can already tell the trigger is much better than the stock one I shot. My wife has already tried to steal it!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot my beloved 642 & LCR in .357 mag side by side, I sold the Smith. Trigger was much better on the LCR and the Trijicon front sight was easier to p/u on follow up shots. For fun, after comparing them w/ .38's I loaded .357 in the Ruger and managed to keep all 5 rounds on paper down range. Manageable recoil, especially in such a small package. All of my full size wheel guns are S&W b/c they are marvelous revolvers w/o an equal among any other manufactured today...and I've tried the others. The LCR is the odd man out in my collection & I recommend it over a hammerless Smith J frame every time I'm asked.

Not to hijack the thread, but what SD ammo do you like in your LCR?

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Q...tried several & currently prefer Hornady C/D 125 grainer's. Did not like any +P loads I tried and have some Speer G/D 158 grainer's that I plan to send down range soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom