Lets see all the AK's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct. 922r says you have to have 5 US parts or 6 if the barrel is threaded.
Most people change out the FCG (3)
PG (1)
Stock (1)
The handguards only count as one even if they are actually two parts.
You also can keep the great triggers the MAK comes with by replacing the magazine followers and floorplates with US ones for 2 more US parts.You must use these mags only.
That along with a US stock,gas piston and pistol grip would make you legal if the muzzle isn't threaded.If it is be sure to use a US muzzle device.

Im new to this site but I had a question about this post. I was under the impression that when the old assult wepons ban went out of effect in 2004 the 922r would have gone out of effect at the same time is this not true. any info would be great thanks everyone.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im new to this site but I had a question about this post. I was under the impression that when the old assult wepons ban went out of effect in 2004 the 922r would have gone out of effect at the same time is this not true. any info would be great thanks everyone.

That only applied to domestically built rifles. The way to get aroung that is import partially built rifles and finish the build with enough US parts and then its considered US built.

If you have a ban era AR 15 after the AWB expired you could then put a threaded barrel, folding or collapsing stock and bayo lug on it legally but if you have a MAC 90 and want to put a pistol grip or folding stock on it legally you have to add enough US parts to make it 922 compliant.

Also i think they could import WASR 10's fully built but to open up the mag well to take hi caps then the rifle had to have US parts added to it to then make it 922 compliant. It gets confusing sometimes. HTH

Last edited:

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who makes the best quality AK and what's the difference between a 47 and 74? Sorry for the noob question just don't know much about AK's

A 47 is chambered in 7.62X39 and a 74 is chambered in 5.45X39. I like Chinese AK's alot but also like Arsenal AK's alot too.

True Yugo built AK's are beautiful!!!!!!

There are alot of domestically built AK's that are labeled as Yugoslavian or Polish(and other countries) but realy they are US rifles built with some imported parts. They are still good shooters but dont have as much collector value. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Dave C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That only applied to domestically built rifles. The way to get aroung that is import partially built rifles and finish the build with enough US parts and then its considered US built.

If you have a ban era AR 15 after the AWB expired you could then put a threaded barrel, folding or collapsing stock and bayo lug on it legally but if you have a MAC 90 and want to put a pistol grip or folding stock on it legally you have to add enough US parts to make it 922 compliant.

Also i think they could import WASR 10's fully built but to open up the mag well to take hi caps then the rifle had to have US parts added to it to then make it 922 compliant. It gets confusing sometimes. HTH

thanks for the info i pick up a used mak 90 last year before all the insanity but though that law was a thing of the past till i started reading this thread. now im stuck with that little bit of doubt that its not up to code. i think it is cuz no lug under the barrel and i put the thumb hole stock back on after refinishing it but, still that little bit of doubt.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I knew how to post a picture on my phone I would but maybe you can see it if ya want. I recently bought a Tabuk and its amazing. the best ak I've owned. should be able to see it if you click the link in my signature.

Fromrussiawithlove

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_04_15_nu9yvybu.jpg
here's my romys

Latest posts

Top Bottom