Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you like the AAC spr m4 brake? Should have bought one/two when I had the chance. Haven't seen them in stock in a while.

I like it ok. I run it suppressed 99% of the time, when I get my SBR stamp I'm putting a brake on it too. I'll probably run it suppressed all the time as well. I will say they're loud as hell, throw pretty sweet fireballs to either side, and I really couldn't tell much of a reduction in recoil (without the can of course). I like my battlecomp much better, but Marty doesn't think he can make me a QD BattleComp for my can. FML.

[Broken External Image]

I know it looks really long with teh can on, but after shooting two matches with it, its really not that bad. I'm still debating on a 12.5" with FSB or an 11.5" with SwitchBlock for my SBR. Shorter is better, but the 12.5" with FSB and RIS II looks really ATAS.

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kinda glad to hear the reduction in recoil isnt that great. I was worried the brakes wouldnt always be available being some what limited runs and was concerned I wouldnt always have access to them. I bought 3 of the standard spr mounts a couple of years ago. Ashamed to say i bought two spr m4's and havnt run either of them. Had planned on building a couple of 5.56 longer range sticks but havnt gotten around to it. Have been running a surefire mb556k brake and love it. Would consider the surefire can, but its hard to jusity the price over an aac.

Problem with aac lately is mounts have been harder to find in stock, despite them saying they've increased production. Love to get one of their mini 4's.

May just save my allowance up for the Surefire.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of internet chatter seem to like the AAC brakes, but compared to an actual comp, they're not. I have the suppressor so I will use it, I personally like the looks of the brake over the blackout. And flash suppression really isn't that important to me right now.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My picture disappeared from the last forum breakdown, so here it is again. My pretend 605. Gonna get a straight hand guard retainer one of these days, and an older sling.

This is what toy machine guns were made to look like when I was a kid in the 1970s. I killed many imaginary commies with it. No red tip, either. I survived. Maybe I need a red three prong for this.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Photo08091544.jpg

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Super Dave said:
My picture disappeared from the last forum breakdown, so here it is again. My pretend 605. Gonna get a straight hand guard retainer one of these days, and an older sling.

This is what toy machine guns were made to look like when I was a kid in the 1970s. I killed many imaginary commies with it. No red tip, either. I survived. Maybe I need a red three prong for this.

Are there legalities to consider when putting a red tip on a real gun? I'd never do it but since you brought it up and someone may read t and do it I wanted to offer the opportunity to consider the legalities of it.