Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WD, as I have no experience with this sort of thing, what does a long gun with all that stuff on the bang end handle like?

Are you talking about the light and suppressor?

It's a 14.5" lightweight barrel with pinned suppressor mount to make it 16". The lightweight barrel without the suppressor is super handy. Easy to carry and shoot. It has the midlength gas so it's a little softer than a carbine gas. Add the can, at little over a pound, it really makes the gun front heavy. I've tried using a heavier stock to balance it, but it just made the while thing too heavy. After some practice with the can on, you really get used to the weight and can figure out how to transition and follow up quicker. The suppressor makes more gas blow back which cycles the bolt faster and more violently which is harder for follow up shots, but can be gotten used to.

So, without the Suppressor, this is one of my all time favorite setups. With the suppressor, it's less desirable, but it's a suppressor so the cool factor negates the weight. Lol. I'd be glad to let you try any of my AR's any time and let you feel the differences.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i114.photobucket.com_albums_n261_bettingpython_IMG_20120901_220007.jpg

My Noveske lower is together.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to set the TA44 ACOG aside and give the Eotech XPS a try.

[Broken External Image]

What can is that? The MITER connector looks like the one for my SCAR-H SD (.30 cal can) and the can itself looks longer than the M4-2000. Is that a Cyclone or SCAR-H?

Either way, you Troy Battle-Rail guys are about to convince me to use one on my next build.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can is that? The MITER connector looks like the one for my SCAR-H SD (.30 cal can) and the can itself looks longer than the M4-2000. Is that a Cyclone or SCAR-H?

Either way, you Troy Battle-Rail guys are about to convince me to use one on my next build.

Nobody is correct. (lol)

It is the AAC SPR/M4. Its a 'reflex' can that goes back over the barrel 2.5"~ to reduce gas blowback, and its a little quieter than the M4-2k, (very very little). It adds about .2" less to the OAL than the M4-2k, but weighs more, I think about 1oz more. I like it a lot but it limits my SBR to 11.5" (with 1" gas block) or 12.5" barrels. I have a SDN-6 on order so I think I am going to go ahead and get a 10.3" barrel for my SBR and use the SDN6 for it, and eventually get a M4-2k can. A kind of MK18-ish clone.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started gathering parts for my SBR. I'm about 1.5 months out from being approved, went ahead and bought a pistol lower and ordered the 10.3" DD barrel. Just trying it on the SBR'd lower to see how it looks. Of coarse there's no barrel so its all legal begal.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Last edited: