Let's see the War Belts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see another topic on this so I'll start one.

This is my first attempt at a configuration. I wanted a belt rig that I could wear when shooting at the range, plinking or when the day comes when a boy wants to take my daughter out.

So far without wearing it in the field, it looks like its going to work well. I shoot mostly suppressed so there was a big need to have a pouch to carry pistons, tools and thread protectors. I'm thinking four spare rifle mags will work with three pistol mags. I have a mini wallet but I don't think I'll install it. I would like a break away first aid kit though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373809725.917500.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373809736.666281.jpg

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out with a chest rig. After some use I realized it was kinda wonky and floppy and limited, no holster for my sidearm and not a lot of real estate for other pouches. I moved on to a war belt, HSGI Suregrip belt. It's a fantastic belt, loaded with TACO's and some general pouches and a holster. It too isn't as secure as I would like, not low profile or slim, and sucks donkey dick in a vehicle. I've since bought and had some limited use with a Crye JPC, jumpable plate carrier, with two level IV plates, and BFG ten speed pistol and rifle mag pouches. Its slim, low profile, and isn't too uncomfortable to wear. My plates are middle of the road budget wise, they have excellent protection but because they're affordable, they're heavy. Not too heavy though. I still have the Suregrip belt I can throw on first, First Line, then the plate carrier, Second Line. And I have a grab backpack with a little more ammo, weapons maintenance and spare parts, first aid and essential survival tools. If I ever hav to get all of that on, I'm probably ****ed anyways. I guess the moral of the story is to not stop evaluating and evolving your gear (or kit, I always hate using that term though).

Regarding your belt, it looks like a good start. I'm not a fan of mag pouches with flap tops, just too much in the way. I prefer TACO's or Esstac pouches on a belt. Not knowing what your body type is and how the belt sits on you, its hard to judge but it looks like your sidearm is kinda far back. I like mine right at 3:00 or 2:30. I'd move the little pouch to the front, then your holster, then your big pouch at 5:00. Not directly behind you because that also sucks in a vehicle or laying on your back or whatever kind of position you might find yourself in. I have a small waist so I have to take advantage of all the space I can, which is why I like the double decked TACO's. Good luck.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The holster actually sits at 3:00ish. I put it on first and went from there. My pistol suppressor pouch is directly in front.

I was really wanting to go with a Blue Force pistol pouch but I really wanted a triple. I'm not a huge fan of flaps but I think I can tie it back. I appreciate the advice. I think I also need to get into some competition shooting to really see what works.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BFG SOC-C w/ suspenders & Original SOE Cobra belt.

Pouches left to right:
Eagle Dual M9 FB pouch, reheated for M&P
ITW Fastmags
Tactical Tailor Fight light Dump pouch
Original SOE Compact horizontal tear off med pouch
Leatherman EOD MUT
Safariland 6004
ESEE 3

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom