Lets talk Tankless water heaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Natural gas to be specific. My tank is 6 years old and is still good but I want to replace it in a year or 2 in order to save on gas. I am the only one in my house (for now) and I use very little hot water so keeping 40 gallons hot 24/7 is a waste.
I used to have this brand in a previous house and it was great (not same model). It will heat 5.3 GPM which is more than adequate for my use, even if I had someone else running hot water at the same time as me.
But these things run in all price ranges so if you have any input on a good brand that wont break the bank, I'd like to hear it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rinnai-V53DeN-Tankless-Water-Heaters/dp/B07MH3C76M/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2PL2GJPBNOMKR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.2NzR8GMFNAJ5m6rj7vYNWd3JZbhFwMhWqAvFSFnGmfC7FhXo-zUVOHixK5do0dfTdym3876h6o7__2UsEJzcSUMqRL6cUPOwJQ9Q9lVwJuFzomDbJDBZ6-Ea-VKuCmjnmbG2p0WnsiA-yDKIQ8_WUqt4EUpNW_z3S9S-4pLGAEUTHt0_cbjkVTcqde15K22c8aYEFpW8qkmM180JsBdKc5AMPhd3ElHKmjKVH90GLjbBgsSIah9cq9gluu1-7qGPGyAaK-aRYiNnS2YgZGM9avy8qK1LUOUSM9rFgiWatOQ.k8kyNus9dkfxNP9H91fYXew7OU1J07LR8115xRppry0&dib_tag=se&keywords=tankless+water+heater+gas&qid=1720032906&sprefix=tankless+water+heater,aps,154&sr=8-6&th=1

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put one in our 5th Wheel RV. I thought about putting one in the home we just finished, but read that the cost effectiveness is marginal to the Nat Gas one we have. I will when it breaks consider one and or look into a smaller tank as there are just us two in the home.

That one you linked is an outdoor use only.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put one in our 5th Wheel RV. I thought about putting one in the home we just finished, but read that the cost effectiveness is marginal to the Nat Gas one we have. I will when it breaks consider one and or look into a smaller tank as there are just us two in the home.

That one you linked is an outdoor use only.
Another consideration is the life span of a tankless. Some are warrantied for 30 years. No tank will ever make it even half that.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts. I don't use more than the minimum with my vintage 2004 gas water heater except during the months I use gas heat. If a tankless used less gas to heat water, I would just be a little lower on consumption but my mininum bill would stay the same.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts. I don't use more than the minimum with my vintage 2004 gas water heater except during the months I use gas heat. If a tankless used less gas to heat water, I would just be a little lower on consumption but my mininum bill would stay the same.
I didnt know I paid a min on ONG?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I looked at tankless prior to my last replacement the one issue for us is the size of the current gas line going to the tank, the tankless needed a larger line, would be pretty disruptive drywall wise to make that happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom