Lets talk Tankless water heaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about one, but my gas line would need to be upgraded and that pretty much makes the break even silly long. Plus my kids would live in the shower with unlimited hot water. For light use, and if the install isn't crazy, they might make sense.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I looked at tankless prior to my last replacement the one issue for us is the size of the current gas line going to the tank, the tankless needed a larger line, would be pretty disruptive drywall wise to make that happen.
Good point, does this depend on the GPM rating of the heater?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
concerning the size of gas line, I didnt have to upgrade that on my last one and it was a 7.5 GPM model. Maybe I just got lucky.
One of the main reasons I had the last one installed was my Garden tub and the wife liked to use that. 40 gallons of hot water was about half what it took to fill and then there was no more hot water for me and my son for the next 30 min. or more.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have failed to flush it at all in 6 years so... lol
Why would my water bill go up? I get the first 20,000 gallons (I think it is) at a flat rate and I dont exceed that number ever.
Im talking about a tankless water heater. With a tankless heater you have to maintain a certain flow rate thru the heater for it to keep heating the water. I had to replace my low flow faucets (and shower head) from 1 gal per min to 1.5 gal per min faucets to get the water heater to stay on. Its 5 years old and not a bargain basemnt heater either. Either way, its something to watch for. Being the only one in the house it may not matter. I have two women in the house and both of them are waistfull

Latest posts

Top Bottom