LI River today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water is not dirt brown anymore, it's actually green and you can see the bottom in many places now. Fishing was really good today, I saw people all around catching fish. My son in law caught 31 on the fly rod and a friend caught nine. I didn't fish much today as I was helping my friend learn how to fly fish. I didn't even take a pole for me but used my pole my friend had " showing" him somethings. Now if they would just follow the schedule closer like they use to everyone could get more time in fishing. We got water now, but the releases are screwed up. I guess a couple hours fishing is better than none like a few months ago when they had the fish kill.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your right Dennis, hopefully some agreements are made or we get rain on a regular basis. Got to go again today and fish, lots of fish in the river and caught a lot of them. No crowds today. Visibilty is way better than a couple months ago but not clear, from inches of visibility to a couple of feet now. Go fish people.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm definately going to hit the BR up for some trout one day next week. I am going to be in the LI area but its going to be there and back the same day so I probably won't have time to fish

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back on Monday and they did follow the schedule. Water was off till 5 so I got in several hours of fishing. Lot of fish in the river and I caught a lot, had my second best day ever. Most fish were big enough to keep, biggest was 15". Unless the stocked some really big fish I bet there isn't any with having the fish kill back in September. I hope the schedule cooperates with your trip. Let us know how you did if you get to go.

Donato1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back on Monday and they did follow the schedule. Water was off till 5 so I got in several hours of fishing. Lot of fish in the river and I caught a lot, had my second best day ever. Most fish were big enough to keep, biggest was 15". Unless the stocked some really big fish I bet there isn't any with having the fish kill back in September. I hope the schedule cooperates with your trip. Let us know how you did if you get to go.

what is the shedule?

Latest posts

Top Bottom