Limp-Wrist Lankford Bends The Knee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the eyes of his black constituents, it was. And their interests are just as important as ours, even if we don't like them. When he was elected, just like Trump, he became the voice for all of his constituents, not just the ones that voted for him. Tough job, I doubt that any of us here would want a job like that. A million+ bosses is a tough audience.
I'd be thrilled to hear another solution when two evils are running...
:drunk2:

Option "C" if there is one. If not, abstain. A nice letter to the "R" candidate explaining why he is not getting your vote.

"I know he's mean when he drinks, but he really loves me and the kids. Besides, he's the one taking care of us."

(Republican voters voting for more of the same)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the eyes of his black constituents, it was. And their interests are just as important as ours, even if we don't like them.
And his white (majority) constituents? The ones that feel the election was tampered with - primarily in those very states that the blacks are supposedly feeling "disenfranchised" over? What about their interests? Do they not deserve a fair audit of that election? What about the black voters who feel the same way? Why pander and grovel to a group that likely didn't and wouldn't vote for you?

No - this was straight-up virtue signaling, the popular route for white ethno-masochists to show people that will likely never be satisfied that they aren't "rayciss". Stand on your convictions, stand for the rule of law. All voters of all ethnic backgrounds deserved to know that the election - especially one of this importance and significance - was legitimate and fair. Instead, he surrendered, then held up his "black power" fist.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the eyes of his black constituents, it was. And their interests are just as important as ours, even if we don't like them. When he was elected, just like Trump, he became the voice for all of his constituents, not just the ones that voted for him. Tough job, I doubt that any of us here would want a job like that. A million+ bosses is a tough audience.
I don't buy it. That his actions somehow rejected just black voters, what a crock.
They just saw an opportunity to make some very weak connection to racism and he bent the knee and let them run over him.
If you try to please everyone you please no one.
Supposedly we elect representatives that have values like our own, that means not like those that oppose our values.

In this case you either value people for their character or their skin color; pick a side.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Option "C" if there is one. If not, abstain. A nice letter to the "R" candidate explaining why he is not getting your vote.

"I know he's mean when he drinks, but he really loves me and the kids. Besides, he's the one taking care of us."

(Republican voters voting for more of the same)
While those are options...

Option "C" is hardly a solution in the overwhelming 2-party reign of decades. And abstaining may very well help the greater of two evils rather than the lesser.

A dissenting letter would likely have little effect if the candidate wins, and if he/she lost... well, that election is already over, and any dissenting opinions could easily be forgotten by the next one. However, this may still have the best chance of success with sufficent voter input. But this assumes that candidate will run for the same office again, and they frequently do not.

What we need (IMO), is a better pool of candidates, but I'm stumped as how to accomplish that. It seems that most folks with the necessary leadership skills (and morals) want no part of the cesspool that politics has become. :anyone:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While those are options...

Option "C" is hardly a solution in the overwhelming 2-party reign of decades. And abstaining may very well help the greater of two evils rather than the lesser.

A dissenting letter would likely have little effect if the candidate wins, and if he/she lost... well, that election is already over, and any dissenting opinions could easily be forgotten by the next one. However, this may still have the best chance of success with sufficent voter input. But this assumes that candidate will run for the same office again, and they frequently do not.

What we need (IMO), is a better pool of candidates, but I'm stumped as how to accomplish that. It seems that most folks with the necessary leadership skills (and morals) want no part of the cesspool that politics has become. :anyone:

Well, the gutless, worthless double-tongued RINOs are glad you see it that way. They know they can count on folks like you not to change a damn thing.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is a RINO? Since both parties have changed considerably over the last 20 years, just what makes a RINO or DINO? Is it just someone that doesn't agree with you?

The parties have seriously switched sides on several issues since the 1960s, just one reason why the "conservatives" bashing Democrats for everything from Indian Removal to Jim Crow are so disingenuous.

Agreeing with me is not the same as "conserving" (as in "conservative") the constitution, or actually fulfilling constitutionally mandated duties. Preaching "small government" while expanding the debt is perhaps one of the most obvious signs of a charlatan. Gun control, allowing unelected officials to dictate laws, the list grows...

Latest posts

Top Bottom