List of endorsements for the 2013 AWB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that he has that right. I was simply pointing out the irony of claiming persecution while persecuting others. Yes. Yes it was. And most still are. The difference is that child molesters have victims and involve others' rights. That's a bad comparison, but now I know you see homosexuals on the same level as sex offenders. That is very revealing of your character. I didn't want to hijack this thread, I was merely commenting on the hypocrisy of wanting only the rights that you use and denying rights to others.

No you did hijack the thread and now I see you feel that child molesters should not be a protected class like gays. I also see that you think that blacks and gays do deserve to be a protected class instead of "all men are created equal" or "that they will not be judged by the color of their skin (or preference of same sex partner) but by the content of their character." What rights were violated? Church rights? Where are those enumerated?

You, my friend, are what I call a jackass in that you don't know me or my character or anything else about ME. You don't know that I am bi-sexual, that I am a "mixed breed" and that I was once a priest. Yet you judge me and call others bigots.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No but I'm Catholic and its deeply disappointing to see so many Catholic institutions jumping on the emotional bandwagon about this. But on the other hand, many of them are fairly liberal and progressive "catholic" organizations so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised

Same here. I wish I could act like I'm surprised. :(

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No you did hijack the thread and now I see you feel that child molesters should not be a protected class like gays. I also see that you think that blacks and gays do deserve to be a protected class instead of "all men are created equal" or "that they will not be judged by the color of their skin (or preference of same sex partner) but by the content of their character." What rights were violated? Church rights? Where are those enumerated?

You, my friend, are what I call a jackass in that you don't know me or my character or anything else about ME. You don't know that I am bi-sexual, that I am a "mixed breed" and that I was once a priest. Yet you judge me and call others bigots.
How is having equal rights a "protected class"? What I support IS equality. I never said any rights were violated in the situation described. I spoke of a man disagreeing with a group recieving better treatment and more rights than they recieved previously. Yes, I judge someone who compares homosexuals to child molesters. You prove my point that they are not the same, unless you claim that bi-sexuals can be equated to a child molester who also have straight, of-age, consensual sex. Let me make this clear: I never claimed that the man did anything wrong. He has every right to leave his church. What I was doing was making the observation that I find it funny that a man claiming to love freedom and want his rights intact, does not support rights being granted to others. That's all. I found it ironic and hypocritical. As for you, well you place homosexuals in the same class as child molesters, and I never claimed to know you or your character, but it does tell me SOMETHING about you and your character. I did not set out to hijack the thread, I was merely pointing out something I found to be contradictory. As an American, I support all freedoms, not just the ones that affect my life. I am not gay, but support gay rights. I am not a minority, but I support civil rights. I am not a stoner, but I support people's right to choose what they put in their body. I am not a woman, but I support their right to choose what happens to their body. I am an atheist, but I support the first amendment. I support all freedoms, not just the ones that apply to me. When I see others pick and choose which freedoms and rights are important, and which should be denied, I point it out.

Now you can call me a jackass all day long, it won't bother me. Whatever makes you feel better. But I'm not sure what got your panties in a bunch in the first place. I have said nothing but point out the silliness of saying "I want my rights, I want my rights." and then saying, "I don't agree with those people having their rights, I think they should still be persecuted and won't affiliate with an organization that treats them equally to me." That is all. It's irony. It's hypocrisy. It's bigoted. If someone is offended at being called a bigot, then they should look at whose freedom they do not support have a long hard look at why they think they are more entitled to freedoms and rights than them.

Back to the list, I'm sorry to see educational organizations on there, as I am in school to be a teacher, I feel like I'm walking into the lion's den.

Latest posts

Top Bottom