Looking for 10mm in the OKC metro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen any at academy (in Norman or Moore) this past year, although employees do tell me they get em in sometimes (but they never know when). Maybe try army surplus stores like Brigadoon??
Maybe best to reload if you are into that.

Good Luck

Never seen any at Academy either. You've checked your LGS?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked Edmond. Clerk there just gave me a dumb look like they'd never had it. I got a box of 180 gr Remington UMC today in Tulsa (there's still one more box at the 41st St. location) and did a FTF trade for some more while I was up there. All my mags are full and happy. Next, a threaded barrel so I can use the 45Osprey on it (the HydraShok is subsonic!). Thanks to all who helped me out!

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested to know why as well.

Been thinking about this. Seems that since these rounds are pretty hot (1540 fps), they are pushing the 10mm limit out of a 5 inch barrel. Glocks have caught criticism for poor chamber support for the 10mm. So, maybe that's why he wouldn't shoot DRT out of a glock. I am not sure how severe the consequences could be.

I do know that the gen4 models have much better chamber support than the other gen's. Also, if using a drop in barrel (Lone wolf for example) the chamber support issue goes out the window....

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about this. Seems that since these rounds are pretty hot (1540 fps), they are pushing the 10mm limit out of a 5 inch barrel. Glocks have caught criticism for poor chamber support for the 10mm. So, maybe that's why he wouldn't shoot DRT out of a glock. I am not sure how severe the consequences could be.

I do know that the gen4 models have much better chamber support than the other gen's. Also, if using a drop in barrel (Lone wolf for example) the chamber support issue goes out the window....

I've heard of the chamber support issues on the .40S&W but have never heard of the same with the 10mm. I'll have to break out the 20 and the 22 tonight for a side-by-side comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom