Looking for a new Church.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the Baptist churches should have what you're looking for. My in-laws go to a baptist church around 61st and 161st by the new BA St. John's. they are really happy there and describe it as what you're looking for.

I attended COTM for years and agree mega churches are a little impersonal, but Pastor George delivers a message that's easy to understand.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a Catholic in a protestant world, I'm really sticking my neck out here to be flamed, but if you really want to go old-school, look at Saint Damien of Molokai Catholic Church St. Damien celebrates the traditional Tridentine Latin Mass that goes back centuries before the first protestant churches began with Martin Luther and King Henry the VIII, who wanted to remarry after divorce. People drive for miles to celebrate the Tridentine mass in much the same way it's been done since 33AD.The post Vatican II Novus Ordo Catholic mass has become a lot like the TV preachers where it's all about feeling good about whatever you are doing and not talking about sin, or other things that might affect the collection plate or offend the parishioners. Like most protestants, most Catholics don't want to hear about the sinful stuff we all do.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to a church of Christ and we don't have music. But my preacher is good and so is my church. It isn't very big and they really care about the membership. My family friend just opened a new church of Christ up in Okc. I will have to Ask my dad the name of it but he is the greatest preacher that I have ever heard. A really nice man that cares for people. But I don't know if you would be into a church with no instruments. But we sing plenty of old songs. Rarely any new ones. His church is called boulevard. Might give them a chance. I promise you won't regret it.

I also attend the church of Christ with congregations in both Mustang (our home church) and one in NE OKC with our oldest son and his family. For a good experience, check one out and see what a difference it makes with no musical instruments "drowning" out the beauty of the human voices of a building full of believers. Granted, singing a capella (without instruments) is more than just a congregational preference. It is a belief, based on the teachings of the Bible.

If one believes in practicing one's religion in a manner as closely biblical as possible, give a church of Christ congregation a chance.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a church in bixby called River View Baptist.... brother Andy Jobe is the preacher and they still do things the old country way... I LOVE THAT CHURCH got married and baptized there Andy is Great guy and i would still be there if i had not married a Pentecostal... in keeping the peace we now go to The Assembly in BA but it is a mega church.

Latest posts

Top Bottom