• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Looking for a officer size 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Use to custom gunsmith's wouldn't touch a 1911 under the Commander length because they couldn't make them reliable, I think Clark Custom is still that way. I don't know if they have something figured out nowdays that makes them better or not. I want one of the CCO versions, thats a Commander slide on an officer's frame I think that would be perfect.
My experience with numerous 3" and 3.5" 1911's have been 100% reliable. Kimber and Colt. Full disclosure, I did return a Kimber Custom II 3" one time because the thumb safety scored the frame. Only issue I have ever had.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My experience with numerous 3" and 3.5" 1911's have been 100% reliable. Kimber and Colt. Full disclosure, I did return a Kimber Custom II 3" one time because the thumb safety scored the frame. Only issue I have ever had.

Yep. My Colt Defender has never had a hiccup and eats anything I feed it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Use to custom gunsmith's wouldn't touch a 1911 under the Commander length because they couldn't make them reliable, I think Clark Custom is still that way. I don't know if they have something figured out nowdays that makes them better or not. I want one of the CCO versions, thats a Commander slide on an officer's frame I think that would be perfect.
The first generation of officer 1911’s had reliability issues, but there are some really good ones on the market now. I’ve had several (various brands) and all have functioned flawlessly. I’ve still got an STI Shadow that I carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom