Looking for an education on guinea fowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool i was hoping for something local as opposed to ordering them. Any advice on what variety to look for Chubbs?

I dont have any advise on variety, to be honest I didnt know there was different "Breeds". My kids really like them. During the day they roam my property but normally stay close enough to still hear them. I dont know where they are at night because they stop making noise. I have never ate one but I am told they taste bad but the eggs are good.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate them! But then they're my neighbors and not mine. They free range during the day and come running to our house when they hear our dogs. They literally torment our dogs from the other side of our fence. They are amazingly good flyers when being chased. I hear their taste is between a quail and a turkey. Their eggs are 2x the size of a chicken and the shells are very hard and lay 40-50 eggs a year. BB's from a Red Rider just bounce off their bodies so shot placement is crucial and they have tiny little heads and skinny little legs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom