Looking for someone to work on M1903

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Lucas!

I have a book that I picked up on Amazon, "The Model 1903 Springfield Rifle and its Variations" by Joe Poyer, that lists the cartouches and dates the inspectors were active. Looks like there's 27 different inspectors that would be correct for Springfield Armory in 1912. I didn't count for rebuild. I don't know if Sarco works on Saturdays, probably won't hear anything until Monday at the earliest.

Steve

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acting on the advice of Coolhandluke, I contacted duPage Trading, and I now have a stock on its way! They said it should ship on Wednesday.

Thanks, Lucas!!!

Steve

Last edited:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acting on the advice of Coolhandluke, I contacted duPage Trading, and I now have a stock on its way! They said it should ship on Wednesday.

Thanks, Lucas!!!

Steve

Do you have both stock and handguard coming or just the stock? I just now read this thread, I apologize, I do have one or two handguards that may be commerical I think, had it or them so long I can't remember.

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Lone Wolf!

Thanks for responding! Yes, I ordered the stock, handguard, upper and lower bands, and spring clip. It was supposed to have shipped a week ago yesterday, but hasn't gotten here yet.

On a side note, I was digging around in the garage a few days ago, and found the "original" bands for the rifle I'm working on, the bands that Dad took off when he sporterized it. No sign of the handguard. I'm even more sure now that its around here someplace though.

Steve

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Lone Wolf!

Thanks for responding! Yes, I ordered the stock, handguard, upper and lower bands, and spring clip. It was supposed to have shipped a week ago yesterday, but hasn't gotten here yet.

On a side note, I was digging around in the garage a few days ago, and found the "original" bands for the rifle I'm working on, the bands that Dad took off when he sporterized it. No sign of the handguard. I'm even more sure now that its around here someplace though.

Steve

Good to hear that. If nothing else, that or those handguards are all I have left of my '03 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom