M&P 9mm Locked up. Live round in chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen guys at competitions grab the slide and then slam their hand onto the grip, basically a violent working of the action, to free up jams.

Because it works 100% of the time, granted there is no actual damage like a bulged barrel, broken parts, etc. Always clears ammo jams.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys sorry for the delayed response.

It was an ammo issue. The casing was so badly formed from the factory, the racking of the slide jammed the cartridge partially into the chamber. The gunsmith had the remove the ejector, then remove the slide and ejected the complete casing. I will try to remember to get a picture of the casing.

The cartridge is sitting on my dresser as a constant reminder to check all my cartridges prior to loading, ESPECIALLY defensive loads. I have already inspected the remainder of the my ammunition.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the manufacturers in their rush to supply have let QC drop. But I also bet there is a micro disclaimer on every box to prevent them from being responsible as well, and they will blame the transport company, the retailer and you for the damaged case.

Good to hear you got it figured out though, a good reminder to look at what you are loading in the mags.