M&P Sight Installer for Ameriglo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have an M&P sight installer for Ameriglo sights? I am about to purchase some of their sights, but don't have the tool and was wondering if someone could help me with the install, as I don't exactly know how to do it.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it with the top of the slide facing a corner of a room so you can find the spring retainer when it most undoubtedly goes flying after youve removed the rear sight. Trust me, I wasted at least an hour due to that thing. As a side note, unless youre going to get a professional trigger job or already have one done, you could order the apex tactical trigger kit and do that while you have the rear sight off. Removing and reinstalling it are the most difficult parts of the install process.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hitokiri,
First off, if you don't already have one installed I highly reccomend installing the Apex USB (ultimate striker block kit).
The Apex USB kit comes with a drift tool by Talon that slides into the sight cut and keeps you from losing the plunger disc and spring underneath the rear sight tOwards the right side of slide (from the rear). I just installed a handful of Apex parts on a couple m&p's yesterday.

After you slide the sight off just pull out the old striker block and drop in the new apex one. It will take all that grinding feel out of the take up and slightly lighten it up. Midwayusa.com has them for $20-$25.

Also, if you didn't know..after you loosen the set screw, the rear sight will slide OUT to the right, and go back in from the RIGHT side. I drifted out 2 Novak sights last night with a brass punch and the talon tool from the USB kit.
The brass is softer than the steel and the brass marks rubbed right off. Gunsmiths also use a q-tip with gun blue to touch and cover the end of the drift punch with masking tape.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do it with the top of the slide facing a corner of a room so you can find the spring retainer when it most undoubtedly goes flying after youve removed the rear sight. Trust me, I wasted at least an hour due to that thing. As a side note, unless youre going to get a professional trigger job or already have one done, you could order the apex tactical trigger kit and do that while you have the rear sight off. Removing and reinstalling it are the most difficult parts of the install process.

Or you once you got the rear sight you can drift it out the rest of the way inside a large clear bag if you worrying about it going flying. When messing with tiny parts on the M&P such as the sear spring and plunger I work close to a strong magnet. Lol. It has saved my ass a few times.