M1 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd keep it. The WW II carbines just keep going up in value. On a practical note, they are very easy to shoot and generally you can find ammo and magazines.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd keep it. The WW II carbines just keep going up in value. On a practical note, they are very easy to shoot and generally you can find ammo and magazines.

They are fun and have quite a bit of history behind them. I had opportunities to buy Carbines a few times several years ago for cheap but didn't for some reason. I have a couple now though one is a promised sale to a friend of mine who has wanted one for a while. I remember when they could be had for $175.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M1's were mix masters when they come out of the factory due to the fact most of the parts were subbed out , winchester may of made most of there parts but still parts from other companies were used . Once the M1 went in for rebuild all the good parts were throwen in a bin cleaned and reused as someone grabed them to rebuild a rifle.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M1's were mix masters when they come out of the factory due to the fact most of the parts were subbed out , winchester may of made most of there parts but still parts from other companies were used . Once the M1 went in for rebuild all the good parts were throwen in a bin cleaned and reused as someone grabed them to rebuild a rifle.

To a certain extent this is true, but in the M1 Garand (and Carbine) world, a "mixmaster" is generally meant to refer to a M1 that's gone through the arsenal process, not one that came from the factory in its original configuration. There's a lot of debate about which parts were original to a M1 since some variations did occur, especially at either end of WW2 and during the post-Korean Conflict years, but "mixmaster" is reserved for M1's having been mixed up as a result of arsenal rebuilding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom