M1 Carbines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My IBM carbine has been hanging around in my safe for awhile but I decided to take it out today since I took a friend to the range. We both used to work for IBM and what an "interesting" company that was to work for. I describe working for IBM as a year-and-a-half long visit to the dentist.

But enough about that. Anyway, I had forgotten just how much damn fun Carbines are. That thing needs to see the light of day a bit more often.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too am a M1 carbine fan. They are a lot of fun to shoot. I have one in the shop that I converted from a M1 to a Post Sample M2 carbine, now the empty slot on the left side of the upper has a selector switch. It is not a bullet hose like a full auto MAC 10 or M11 9 are, you can get several burst out of a 30 round magazine. It is too bad that DoD let this one go, it has so many possibilities as a small weapon that can deliver some real firepower. That being said, there are many current production weapon that can also do that.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shot one since I was a kid. But, they were an absolute blast! If only they weren't so damn expensive, I might own one!

OH ... BTW ... PICS or it didn't happen!!!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucked onto a reasonably nice mostly Inland mixmaster at a Badshot show in Chickasha last year. Reasonably nice all around and surprisingly accurate and a lot of fun to shoot - enough so that I keep looking at the Fulton and James River reproductions (along with other USGIs when I see them) so that the old girl has some company.
P1000584.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two carbines in the safe. Ammo is a bit hard to find, and when you do, it's expensive. I've also got everything I need to reload for it but I haven't seen bullets in quite a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom