M1903 a3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What CHL said. Remove the bolt and look down the bore with a light at the other end, and make sure the bore is not worn down or shows pitting. Aside of that, you have a good starting price point.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think it would be worth it to take it to Tulsa this weekend and walk around with it? I'm going anyway. I've seen people carry stuff around but I've never done it. I just don't want to lug it around all day.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course! I'd say that show is a very good place to sell it. I'd suggest you put a piece of cardboard on a wooden dowel, write the basic info and price on both sides of the cardboard, and stick it in the muzzle. It'll be prominently displayed as you walk through the crowd.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course! I'd say that show is a very good place to sell it. I'd suggest you put a piece of cardboard on a wooden dowel, write the basic info and price on both sides of the cardboard, and stick it in the muzzle. It'll be prominently displayed as you walk through the crowd.

I'd imagine lots of guns are sold this way.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lot's of A3' never saw hard duty. I own a '43 all- matching rifle that worth about $900 more or less. It looks like it spent a lot of time in storage.....

If I was to shop it around in todays weak market I'd expect $700 for it

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think it would be worth it to take it to Tulsa this weekend and walk around with it? I'm going anyway. I've seen people carry stuff around but I've never done it. I just don't want to lug it around all day.

Just be leery of lowball offers. There will be plenty guys that would love to "relieve" you of the rifle for pennies on the dollar if they sense that you're ignorant as to what you have on your hands. Any high number 1903 in a military configuration (not sporterized, drilled & tapped etc.) will be worth $550 even if it's beat and has a sewer pipe for a bore. If anyone offers you less than $600 run away...