M1A Chassis install help-who to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally ended up with an M1A and about 8 hours later the order for a Troy MCS chassis was made. After the fact I looked at what is needed for install and it appears to be a pain in the ....well you get the idea. Anyone have a recommendation on a gunsmith that has experience with M1A's? I may just end up hitting "buy" on my cart at Midway with castlenut pliers and a gas block tool but thought I would try this first. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally ended up with an M1A and about 8 hours later the order for a Troy MCS chassis was made. After the fact I looked at what is needed for install and it appears to be a pain in the ....well you get the idea. Anyone have a recommendation on a gunsmith that has experience with M1A's? I may just end up hitting "buy" on my cart at Midway with castlenut pliers and a gas block tool but thought I would try this first. Thank you all in advance for your help.

The gas block tool (to hold the gas block from turning when removing the gas plug) is something you'll probably want to have in your kit eventually anyway.

Cimarron

Marksman
Reaction score

A castle nut pliers and a gas block tool are just a couple of the things that will come in handy with the M1A. Tony Ben over at the M14 Forum has some very good videos on trouble shooting and cleaning of the M14/M1A. I've done a number of things to my Loaded M1A including taking it completely apart, and having the right tools is a must. Good luck.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Sage stock which was easy to install other than replacing the op rod guide that required a press. I took it into H&H and they did the heavy work for me. I brought the install instructions and torque specs, and they did a good job. They charged me 25 for the op rod guide (which I was happy to pay) and said it would be maybe $60 for the full install. Regardless, you will want any least the combination tool (and really the gas block wrench and castle pliers) for cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom