Major Magnetic Storm on Sun to ‘Bombard’ Earth on Saturday, Scientists Warn by Sputnik October 29th 2021, 1:09 pm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my opinion, which is worth exactly jack, this whole mass coronal ejection story smells like bear bait. We’ve been in the deepest solar minimum since the 18th century with corresponding polar reactions and weather variances. This doesn’t occur like flipping a switch. There’s been zero reporting on a build up of solar activity until certain parties have a need to stifle communication. Yeah yeah, my tinfoil hat is probably highly burnished but it’s been by experience.

As to me being an engineer, nope. Only been on the head end of a train a few times deadheading. I just have a propensity to wear out the 24th letter of the alphabet and study to fill in the gaps.
it is a real event but really not as big a deal as the media would like it to be. i suspect the bottom of the minimum may be getting near but remember the maximum will be years or decades away even it the bottom is in. it's nothing new at all. have ya'll noticed though now how every storm is hyped up? radar indicated hail? radar indicated wind? and even our local weather news channel is making a big deal of nothing? heck when we have a storm the tv has nothing but mike morgan on for hours and hours. then there is Val? i remember Ross Dixon and his chalkboard.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can actually address that.
Programming actually as nothing to do with what an EMP can do. The equipment and systems served by the controllers (computers) have to be hardened.
Edit: Back when I first started working in control systems the components were so sensitive to static electricity that you had to wear shoes that would ground you while carrying a circuit board across a floor, and have a grounding cable attached to your arm to bleed off the static while working on the circuit board with your chair sitting on a mat that was grounded.
Those CMOS days are long gone.
I worked in a coal fired power plant for 16 years that had an old control system that couldn't be affected by an EMP. Old school stuff. Switches, contactors etc.
Fast forward to now, the plant is totally rebuilt control system wise with a computer system that has zero access to the internet for one, and hardened against what could be an EMP attack be it natural or induced by man.
I won't get into details, but I can guarantee nobody in Oklahoma that is served by the company I worked for will have any effect from the solar flare that is actually going on right now. It's Saturday night, right?
Anybody having issues?
Your vehicles are computer ran. Anybody's vehicle having problems?
I'm sorry to make you type so much Dennis.
What I really meant was that I'm more concerned about all our critical infrastructure these days (and in the years to come) because of the lack of experience in the humans now running these things.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just received another flare alert. we shall se how long it lasts.

SWS FLARE ALERT - PART A
START OF FLARE EVENT
ISSUE TIME: Mon Nov 1 01:41:13 UTC 2021
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Flare (Greater than C8 in X-ray Flux) Has Just Started At:
0137 UT on 01-11-2021

Further Information Will Be Issued At the End of the Event

SWS FLARE ALERT - PART C
PRELIMINARY FLARE DETAILS AT END OF FLARE
ISSUE TIME: Mon Nov 1 02:12:11 UTC 2021
Approximate Flare Start : 01-11-2021 0135 UT
Approximate Flare Maximum: 01-11-2021 0145 UT at Flux M 1.5 (R1)
Approximate Flare End : 01-11-2021 0209 UT

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just received another flare alert. we shall se how long it lasts.

SWS FLARE ALERT - PART A
START OF FLARE EVENT
ISSUE TIME: Mon Nov 1 01:41:13 UTC 2021
A Flare (Greater than C8 in X-ray Flux) Has Just Started At:
0137 UT on 01-11-2021

Further Information Will Be Issued At the End of the Event

SWS FLARE ALERT - PART C
PRELIMINARY FLARE DETAILS AT END OF FLARE
ISSUE TIME: Mon Nov 1 02:12:11 UTC 2021
Approximate Flare Start : 01-11-2021 0135 UT
Approximate Flare Maximum: 01-11-2021 0145 UT at Flux M 1.5 (R1)
Approximate Flare End : 01-11-2021 0209 UT
Everything is still working fine on my end! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom