Marlin Model 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I recently picked up an old Model 60, it's actually a Glenfield Golden 50 Model 65 but it's essentially a Marlin 60. The previous owner did not take good care of it and upon removing the bolt and and side panel springs I discovered at least a 1/16 inch of built up carbon fowling and crud of all manner. I cleaned it all out and placed the bolt back in, as I was putting in the side panel springs a pin fell out and out shot a spring and the hammer. I found the spring but the hammer is no where to be found. Brownell's sells them relatively cheaply and I know the newer hammer will work in the older guns. I'm just curious if anyone else knows more about this particular problem and how to go about replacing this part. Figure the hammer is kinda important afterall and I don't want to screw it up. Thoughts?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is also a lot of good info at marlinowners.com.

I have two Marlin 60s and a Glenfield 60, but I haven't yet encountered the problem you have, so I won't try to answer your question, but leave it to those more knowledgeable than I. [emoji6]

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Everything seems to be back in order and now just waiting for a field test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Good deal.

I just found a Glenfield limited edition model 6079, which stands for model 60 produced in 1979, that I'm going to snatch up.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good! I've became quite familiar with the internals of these older model 60's. Truly built to stand the test of time. This my first repeating .22lr so I'm understandably proud of it

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they are excellent little rifles, I recently refinished one that had been painted, cleaned it all up, field tested it,and gave it to my son in law. Be sure to let us know if you got it up and running.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well took it out this morning and was met with some mixed results. First I noticed that it has a hard time racking the first round. Second I noticed that the new Browning ammo doesn't cycle as well as I would like. 3 failure to feeds. However, the rifle absolute loved the federal premium 50 round bluebox that I fed it. This surprised me because it didn't like blazer which I thought to be decent quality. So I guess this little rifle is gonna have a high diet of federal premium and CCI minimags

Latest posts

Top Bottom