Had a good day today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone was having so much fun that sadly no one thought to take pictures. 😞 sry ya'll.

Had my son, my nephew and his gf (in from Arizona), my niece and her husband and 4yr old son, and my ex wife's bf all out my private range in Bristow for like 3 hours today.

I brought out several guns:
- DB15 (Diamondback AR15)
- The OKShooters AR15 I've built
- Taurus TX22
- Springfield 87A Gill-gun
- Springfield 84C bolt action
- "The Mutt" - a Glenfield 75 that I rebuilt.
- Glenfield model 10 single shot
- Ruger 10/22 (wood stock)

And my son brought out his:
- Ithaca X5 Lightning
- Savage 62

Then my Niece and her husband brought out:
- S&W MP40
- Ruger LC9
- Marlin 60 (1970s model)

We went through 150+ rds of 556, well over 500 rds of 22, and probably another 150 rds of 9mm and 40 combined.

The ARs were the stars of the show, closely followed by the TX22. But the ol' Gill-gun certainly turned a few heads.

After things had died down a bit, I let (helped) my niece's 4yr old son fire a few shots from the Glenfield 10 single shot. That ear to ear grin made my entire day.

It was a good day.....

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

It smells like...

tenor-4.gif

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone was having so much fun that sadly no one thought to take pictures. 😞 sry ya'll.

Had my son, my nephew and his gf (in from Arizona), my niece and her husband and 4yr old son, and my ex wife's bf all out my private range in Bristow for like 3 hours today.

I brought out several guns:
- DB15 (Diamondback AR15)
- The OKShooters AR15 I've built
- Taurus TX22
- Springfield 87A Gill-gun
- Springfield 84C bolt action
- "The Mutt" - a Glenfield 75 that I rebuilt.
- Glenfield model 10 single shot
- Ruger 10/22 (wood stock)

And my son brought out his:
- Ithaca X5 Lightning
- Savage 62

Then my Niece and her husband brought out:
- S&W MP40
- Ruger LC9
- Marlin 60 (1970s model)

We went through 150+ rds of 556, well over 500 rds of 22, and probably another 150 rds of 9mm and 40 combined.

The ARs were the stars of the show, closely followed by the TX22. But the ol' Gill-gun certainly turned a few heads.

After things had died down a bit, I let (helped) my niece's 4yr old son fire a few shots from the Glenfield 10 single shot. That ear to ear grin made my entire day.

It was a good day.....
Age 4 is a good age to start shooting. A SS .22 is a good start, too. :) That's the age I started shooting. A SAA Colt in .45 long, and a Steven's Favorite. I have the Favorite still. Good memories!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great job getting that crowd out to your range and having a great day!

It wasn't even planned. But once someone else went out to shoot, everyone else pretty much just followed. I just happened to have all of those rifles with me for other reasons. It was just meant to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom