Marlin or Savage Bolt Action .22: Which will Grandson Choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already have a Marlin XT-22tr (tube fed) and ordered and am picking up a new Savage MK II (box magazine fed) Wednesday or Thursday from my LGS. Grandson is gonna be here soon to spend some time with Old Pops. I'll let him shoot both, scoped similarly, and whichever one he likes best will get dressed up in a new fancy Boyds Stock and will be given to him at his next birthday. Which one do you think the young lad will favor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you don't want to hear this, but my grandkids hated bolt guns. Give em a 10-22 to hose with, and they are on top of the world.

That being said, the savage.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understand completely, and the reasoning why. Started mine with a single shot, and then a bolt. He just didn't get into shooting until shooting a semi auto.
Don't know if the video game playing had a part of it, but they always upgrade from pistols to autos. He's a gamer.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to take a wild guess here and say it will depend on the age of the boy, if under the age of 12 then the marlin and if over the age of 12 the savage.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to take a wild guess here and say it will depend on the age of the boy, if under the age of 12 then the marlin and if over the age of 12 the savage.

Okay; he will be 15 next birthday, but why does that matter?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cause it is easier for the younger ones to load the tube mag and the older ones feel more grown up loading the box mag.

Well, I got news for you...it's easier for us old guys to load the tube mag too! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom