Maryland Democrat Pushes Bill to Add ‘Embedded Tracker’ to All Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go try to remove the wire from your Pikepass and tell me how that goes. If I were gonna do it I would install the wire in the polymer frame so that removing it would slice the gun like a little cheese wheel and it would pass through the serial number and destroy them. Then the person could try and but it back together but it would absolutely wreck your gun to do that and it would make it impossible to sell the gun. To your second point, the scanner on a door at the office is weak, the scanner at Walmart is medium, and the scanner on the highway for your Pikepass is strong. If you put the one from the highway in your office it would be a different story. All of these are things that wouldn’t deter hardened criminals but the point of the legislation is to make bulk gun sales easier to track. I’m not really taking an impassioned stance here, my main point is that the technology already exists.
Obama already tried this when sending guns to the Mexican cartel.
They threw the guns away. Easily detectable.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would have to be a passive system. Fairly easy to block with simple foil, can flood signals instead, there are lots of options. Like just removing it, or damaging it is not exactly difficult. Also, not all guns are polymer, how the heck do you add it to a 1911.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom