Maybe it’s a wake up for my pastor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pastor at our church , his father a deacon, music minister and her mother in law are all sick. Word is it could be the covid virus. He reopened our church for attendance with NO MASKS 2 weeks before our governor recommended. Chair spacing was practiced but no masks full congregation singing and hand shakes. I tried to meet with him to discuss this cavalier approach along with another matter. At the meeting which lasted all of 1 minute he accused me of trying to divide the church!

We had heated words and he ended the meeting and said he was “ through with me” ! We are now looking for another church. However all the above mentioned church staff now could have the virus. God works in mysterious ways sometimes. I’m honestly thinking this may be the case here!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pastor at our church , his father a deacon, music minister and her mother in law are all sick. Word is it could be the covid virus. He reopened our church for attendance with NO MASKS 2 weeks before our governor recommended. Chair spacing was practiced but no masks full congregation singing and hand shakes. I tried to meet with him to discuss this cavalier approach along with another matter. At the meeting which lasted all of 1 minute he accused me of trying to divide the church!

We had heated words and he ended the meeting and said he was “ through with me” ! We are now looking for another church. However all the above mentioned church staff now could have the virus. God works in mysterious ways sometimes. I’m honestly thinking this may be the case here!

It almost sounds like you hope it IS true, so he would be taught a lesson. I'm not saying that is the case, but it is how your post reads, I hope that's not the case.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope ! However if you had sat through that 1 minute butt chewing he tried to give me you would understand well I really don’t care

Well, that's unfortunate, I was just saying, that's how the post reads. I'm glad you don't hope he gets it - but we've seen plenty of people who ARE wishing things like this for others. Glad to hear it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always been of the the opinion that God helps those that help themselves.

This joke pretty much nails it.

-------------------------------------
A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

Latest posts

Top Bottom