McCroskey Custom Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to Dave this morning as he asked my wife to have me call him because she sent pics of my manly man hands to him as a gauge to make the handle and wanted to make sure it fit properly.

He scared the crap outta me saying how sharp it is and that quite a few customers had cut through the sheath and didn’t even know it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Elk Skinner that has skinned many elk as well as the trapper set. Hard to find a better knife that will hold an edge forever.
IMG_1617.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
many years ago there was a guy in Tulsa that made great knives. Jack Guess. A guy at work was selling these knives, and I picked one out that I liked, but they cost quite a bit. This guy called my wife and told her about the knife I liked, so she bought it! Sweet girl,! I was doing a lot of stuff in my time off, fooling with cows, and bailing hay, and I used a knife hard. My son saw me using this new knife for something it was not designed to do, and said dang, I wish you wouldn't ruin that knife, I want to inherit it and you will have it wore out! I bought a cheap knife, and sent the good one back to Jack and he cleaned it up, and put a new blade in it. I put it in a drawer for safe keeping. My son is 53 now, and the subject of that knife came up lately, so I went and got it, looks like a new one, and gave it to him!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to Dave this morning as he asked my wife to have me call him because she sent pics of my manly man hands to him as a gauge to make the handle and wanted to make sure it fit properly.

He scared the crap outta me saying how sharp it is and that quite a few customers had cut through the sheath and didn’t even know it.

LOL! That's why I said "Be Careful!" I think he told me the average was seven stitches when somebody accidentally cut themselves with one of his knives!

ETA: I've got the Elk Skinner and the Straight Trapper. I figure they'll go to my son one of these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom