ME restraunteur has to eat crow after banning AR owners from her restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Maine gun hatin' restauranteur got herself a large helping of "just deserts" as a result of her anti-gun tirade on the AR-15.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rant-owner-refuses-service-anyone-owns-ar-15/
Maine Restaurant Owner Refuses Service to Anyone Who Owns an AR-15
by AWR Hawkins 2 Aug 2016
..."The backlash against her restaurant, and subsequent calls for boycotts, were instantaneous, and she pulled the post. But the NYT captured a screenshot of a portion of it prior to its deletion. In it, Verrill said, “Let me be clear, this is not a political issue. This is a human rights issue. If you own this gun, or if you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter.”...

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Verrill explained that she did not delete the post because her views had changed. Quite the contrary, she said her position remains the same, but she took the post down because she felt it gave ammunition to those planning to boycott or malign her business.

Really? I'll bet she got lit up big time.
What I hate is that some who disagree's with her position take the radical avenue.
What they should have done was make their comments into a teaching moment with reason and facts vs coming across as a screaming idiot.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Verrill explained that she did not delete the post because her views had changed. Quite the contrary, she said her position remains the same, but she took the post down because she felt it gave ammunition to those planning to boycott or malign her business.

Really? I'll bet she got lit up big time.
What I hate is that some who disagree's with her position take the radical avenue.
What they should have done was make their comments into a teaching moment with reason and facts vs coming across as a screaming idiot.

+1 I can agree with that.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I think is interesting is that she stated her opinion, and she considers those that state theirs in response to be full of "evil and hate".

Just another example of "I can state my opinion, but you can't state yours...".

Typical social media attitude these days.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I think is interesting is that she stated her opinion, and she considers those that state theirs in response to be full of "evil and hate".

Just another example of "I can state my opinion, but you can't state yours...".

Typical social media attitude these days.

Good thing is there are a lot of conservatives in Maine. She won't be open long, as they can speak with their $$$.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go in there, eat a meal, and pay for it; then, as I left, I'd tell her that I own an AR-15 but that it's not a “high-powered semiautomatic rifle," it's an intermediate powered semi-automatic rifle--then I'd stand back and watch her head explode.

damnboy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's very interesting
bilshun.top_az_72_o.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom