Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will only EVER say Merry Christmas. If you're Jewish and you want to wish me a Happy Hannukah, that's not going to offend me. I'll wish you a Merry Christmas.

I don't get how atheists feel "excluded". How do you feel excluded from something you don't believe in?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will only EVER say Merry Christmas. If you're Jewish and you want to wish me a Happy Hannukah, that's not going to offend me. I'll wish you a Merry Christmas.

I don't get how atheists feel "excluded". How do you feel excluded from something you don't believe in?

I don't get how they feel excluded either. When they press for no religion its exactly the same as Christians wanting to be able to say Merry Christmas. I guess it doesn't register with them that way though. If they don't wanna hear Merry Christmas or anything, I think they need to stop celebrating the holiday all together.

I always say Merry Christmas and spell out Merry Christmas. I know X is a symbol for Christ but most people do not. I think its just the lazy way and an excuse to take Christ out of Christmas. I'm not even very religious at all but I still understand what Christmas actually is.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use both.

If I specifically want to pinpoint Christmas I say Merry Christmas....but if I want to specify the entire season of Christmas and New Years then I use Happy Hollidays.

One does not diminish the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom