Milsurp guns........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Imo milsurp means weapons used by a military that are put on the market as used surplus firearms.

If ARs were issued then they would be milsurp. Same with AKs.

You ought to post this in our new milsurp section.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, yes they are. But, I also think AUG's, FAL's, CETME's,G-3's,Sig 551 or 556's, Galil's (Golani's), HK-93 (c-93) M-14 ( or springfield M-1), etc,ect. But wait, you say. You can buyall of these brand new, or some as rebuilds. Yes, you are correct. But A), Each and everyone of these firearms are rebuild or direct copies of firearms designed with one purpose in mind, to win wars and end lives, period. B) I cant, and know of nobody who can afford to own any of the "real" firearms on which these copies/rebuild are based. If I were to go out and buy a 1903 (which i dearly want) I would get a *gasp* NEW Gibbs rifle for $800. Why? I cant afford a real one that is shot to crap. Im sorry for the tangent, I truly do appriciate a true to life, used in the trenches, dad got it off a dead german firearm, I truly do, i just cant afford them and want the closet thing I can get.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I think of Milsurp weapons, I think of the M1 Garand, SKS, AK47, M14, Mosin Nagant, etc.....

Do you guys view AR-15's as milsurp weapons?......

AR15 - absolutely definitely not! There is nothing "mil" or "surp" about them.
There are few M16/M4 parts on the market - but it's hardly "surplus" since it's a current weapons system.

AR15 is as much milsurp as Ruger 77 is a Gew98 :ugh2:

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to go out and buy a 1903 (which i dearly want) I would get a *gasp* NEW Gibbs rifle for $800. Why? I cant afford a real one that is shot to crap.

I assume you are talking about 1903A4 not a plain 1903 (those can be had in fantastic shape in $500-$700 range).
Historic sniper rifles are the cream of the crop as far as collectability goes - most of them are purchased and sold as investments, and rightfully so!
As far as "shootability" goes - I don't see how Gibbs would be any different - since mechanically there was nothing special about original 03A4.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't consider the AR to be a surplus rifle and the gov't won't ever surplus out their M4s. Unfortunately I think we're about at the end of the true surplus rifle. They'll only go up in price from here!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't consider the AR to be a surplus rifle and the gov't won't ever surplus out their M4s. Unfortunately I think we're about at the end of the true surplus rifle. They'll only go up in price from here!

This!!!! If your still into milsurp, you'll have to go after "military handguns".

Latest posts

Top Bottom