Minden caught her first fish today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's 3 years old. While her grandpa was catching another grass hopper. A big one took her pole 25 ft offshore, my daughter went out to the cork to save my little pony.

In an hour and a half I pulled in 3 large catfish, 1 bass, and 3 crappie on a yellow roster tail spinning bait.
I couldn't believe the catfish.

IMG_20230828_151026.jpg
IMG_20230828_151021.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw my BIL catch about a 4lb channel cat on a texas rigged Larue Salt Craw. I think he hit the fish in the mouth with his cast, the water just exploded when that plastic bate hit. The fight was on! We were bass fishing on Arbuckle.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's 3 years old. While her grandpa was catching another grass hopper. A big one took her pole 25 ft offshore, my daughter went out to the cork to save my little pony.

In an hour and a half I pulled in 3 large catfish, 1 bass, and 3 crappie on a yellow roster tail spinning bait.
View attachment 405959View attachment 405958

View attachment 405949View attachment 405950
Used to catch catfish all the time on Road Runners, at a private lake, growing up. About every 25% or so of fish caught, loved that lure.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great job on all of you.
Looks like you caught a tasty drum.
I like those.
Of course folks around here know my opinion on food.
Drum are good eating. A little tough to clean with that weird bone up by the gills, but once someone fillets a couple, they learn how to get around it.
They only eat live food preferring crawdads, but they will eat any minnow or a lure that gets close.
People think they look like a carp and throw them back.
Drum along with blue catfish are one of the only predators on the zebra mussel that is an invasive species.

Latest posts

Top Bottom