mini 14-tactical vs. ar-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the mini-tactical set up and the cost is about 1/2 the price, 670$ in B.A. So can anyone give me a good reason to spend 1000$ plus on an ar-15, other than the slight gain in accuracy?

I am looking for real answers with an explanation, not the usual ''minis are crap'' argument without a reason why.

Thanks.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Severe lack of aftermarket accessories when compared to the AR platform.

Expensive magazines.

The accuracy gain is more than slight...

ARs are just cooler.

Twice as much?! You need to shop around...

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the mini has a small amount of aftermarket uprades, but really i just like open sights, lights and lasers aren't for me, it's a rifle not a game show. So I am trying to compare the rifles not their accessories. I'm just not an accessory guy.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a good AR lower, then buy a parts kit to complete the gun however you'd like it. From what I've seen, the wait time for a parts kit is fairly long but the price doesn't seem to have skyrocketed like assembled rifles has. You can get a pretty nice rifle for <$1000. Even the factory guns are getting more reasonable.

Buy a dozen good magazines for a $600 mini and a dozen for an $1000 AR. You'll be in for about the same money.

Break a mini, and send it to Ruger for repair. Break your AR, get a part, replace it and continue shooting.

The Mini-14 is a good rifle. If neither of the comments above mean anything to you it's probably a good choice for you. If you prefer the feel and features of an AR-15, why buy the Ruger, have buyer's remorse and sell it at a loss to buy the AR-15 anyway?

The point here is, buy what you want instead of settling for something just because it's cheaper. I've done that way to many times to recommend it to anyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom