• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

South East OK Modified m1 garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Point being you yourself told me it was a James River. You said that's what it said on it.
You do realize that if someone were to drive a long distance to do a meet with you and ot wasn't what you said it was would be pretty crappy on your part.
And you told me it was for sure a James River when it fact you didn't know.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'm a machinist if 16 years I am not in armor I am only relaying the information that I was told. If somebody would have done that I would have absolutely made it right it does not affect the value or anyting else whatsoever. You had no problem wanting to trade your pistol for it? I don't really understand what your problem is

$ure$h0t

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
And considering I came back and posted the correct information and included a screenshot of my conversation does nothing but make you look like a prick and does absolutely nothing bad for me 🤷🏼‍♂️

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You know now because someone told you.
You were giving the pretense of it being something it wasn't until corrected.
If it wasn't a James River you should not have said it was if you didn't know. Which you clearly did.
Good luck with your sale/trade.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I actually just got done talking to Ron Smith and after looking for information for the last 4 months and asking every forum and everybody I know I finally got some answers on the gun that I've been posting.

It is a partial bm59 but it doesn't have the correct flash hider or the bipod. It is a M1 grand modified receiver that has a bm59 gas system Barrel and the trigger group has been modified.

There was not many of these done and most people don't know about them because they were done in the early sixties and seventies like you see in the conversation screenshot. Before the m1as were mass produced.

I could get more for this gun if I was to go through auctions and whatnot but that's really not the kind of stuff I'm trying to do.

I wanted to give everybody an update being as I've posted this rifle numerous times.
It is possible that your father got this from “CF” Classic Firearms. They were selling these a few years ago. There was a bunch of them on the market. This is quite possibly one of those. If so it could be a James River Armory. They used original M1 Garand receivers.
Here’s a link to Classic Firearms that was selling them. They’ve been out of stock for a while

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bm-59-m1-garand-e-model-semi-auto-rifle-308-caliber/

$ure$h0t

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
It is possible that your father got this from “CF” Classic Firearms. They were selling these a few years ago. There was a bunch of them on the market. This is quite possibly one of those. If so it could be a James River Armory. They used original M1 Garand receivers.
Here’s a link to Classic Firearms that was selling them. They’ve been out of stock for a while

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bm-59-m1-garand-e-model-semi-auto-rifle-308-caliber/
Thanks man. I'm really unsure. It's going to a good home and I'm getting what I want so it's a win win 😊

$ure$h0t

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Either way the overall value is not affected so I really didn't understand the problem in the first place it's like getting a Ferrari in Black instead of red it's still the same damn thing..

$ure$h0t

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

He got this from a, gun shop about 13 years ago. I was with him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom