Molded Plastic Stump Feeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
one thing I might suggest is make the lid look like the top of stump that somebody had cut off with a chainsaw instead of a lid that looks like it belongs on a trash can it would be more appealing to somebody wanting to put it in their back yard

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually considered that in the beginning, but decided to go with a handle to help with installing and removing it. Now that you mention it, I think it's worth a second look. Thanks...

one thing I might suggest is make the lid look like the top of stump that somebody had cut off with a chainsaw instead of a lid that looks like it belongs on a trash can it would be more appealing to somebody wanting to put it in their back yard

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - let's take a vote. Lid "with handle" or "without"???

W14016_render2.jpg

W14016_render1_0.jpg

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I don't mind the handle on top, but if those side handles are sufficient to remove the lid it(top handle) is really only a backup....

The "side handles" are actually the locking tabs that engage the channels on the feeder body to lock the lid on. They can definitely serve a dual purpose though.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Initially it was designed with a snap-fit lid, so the lid handle was necessary to overcome the snap-on bulges and pull the lid off of the body. Now that it's a twist-on lid, the handle is not necessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom