Monument Valley Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just seeing if anybody here has been out to the Monument Valley, AZ/UT area and had any recommendations as far as guides, accommodations, typical weather patterns during early November. Looking to see some John Wayne filming sights out there. "Stagecoach" "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" and "The Searchers" were partly filmed in that area.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out there a couple of years or so ago. I didn't see the entire thing, but what I did was well worth it.

Do not miss Muley Point, It is located just as you reach the top of the plateau near Mexican Hat. It is the place where a commercial was filmed with a vehicle placed atop an extreme pinnacle by helicopter. You might remember it.

If going off the main roads, you need a high clearance vehicle to handle the deeply rutted roads. The whole area is way out there - remote. There was only one radio station you could pickup and it was mostly broadcasting in Navajo.

Nearby is Natural Bridges National Monument - beautiful.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a show on it a while back. They recommended getting a Navajo guide to show you around. They said you can get access to places you normally couldn't go and get lots of background information especially on the films, etc... I'm not sure what they meant by places you can't normally go unless there are some restricted reservation areas. I'd love to go someday myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom