More idiot sightings..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDIOT
SIGHTING

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing,"
our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often."
Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

STAY ALERT!

They walk among
us......and they VOTE!

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ex supervisor used to walk around and say "yep, there's going to be a lot of empty chairs around here soon".
He said it enough that someone could have brought him up on harassment charges. I am in a better place now so no biggie.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDIOT
SIGHTING

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing,"
our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often."
Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

STAY ALERT!

They walk among
us......and they VOTE!

Sounds like the pointy-haired boss in the Dilbert comic strip.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya' know, this doesn't happen to just union or line workers, if you will. I quit a very large international company at age 51, thanks to my financial planner. Plant mgr, I was a supervisor and the oldest and well, most experienced one there. they or he wanted me to do something I felt I should not have to do since I had been with the corp longer than any of the mgmt. I basically said no and left in four days. More to the story but basically it was a conflict of personalities, the plant mgr and me. he really thought I was so stupid that I did not have a financial planner, I must say this planner, was and is so damned good and saved my ass from dying in the work place, because two years after I left the BIG company sold the plant. Just sayin'. Oh, I should add that the plant mgr replaced me with two supervisors, and not one and one of them was the plant mgrs pet. Just sayin' again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom