More sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't be long till they start dropping, and I can't wait! Went out yesterday to ride a section that I have only been on once to look for old sheds. Found a few horns, one nice 8 pt skull. It was a sickening ride as well. The back side borders an isolated dirt road, where road hunting is obvious. Found 4 separate openings on that dirt road then road the surrounding treelines. Found four carcasses that had been shot from the road, two had the top of the skulls removed, two were does, all from this year. Doubt any meat was removed. No good bastards.

Also found an old 5 point antler that didn't make the picture. Was pretty old but had two tines with acorn tips.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_12_29_13.JPG

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice find Roosta. Another nice skull/rack to add to your collection. I don't know if I could walk any further than I did last year looking, I found 1 dang shed. Sorry to hear about the scumbag poachers.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hunted yesterday evening. Had five bucks come to feed, 3 had already lost their antlers. Lots of fighting going on over the corn pile, very funny to watch a buck forget his antlers are gone and butt heads with an armed buck, they quickly switch to throwing kicks.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool find . . . I haven't had a chance to do much shed hunting, but I really want to give it a shot. With my girls in Fall/Spring sports it's hard to find time to do much out in the woods these days.

I'm hoping to get back out in the stand one last time before the season ends.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the occasional acorn tip up north too. Don't have a clue what causes it. I speculate that they pushed on something when it was soft, and in velvet. Pure speculation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom