Morels 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So things have been quiet here for a few days now. Has everyone's spots dried up? I spent 5 days last week walking and driving the woods looking and came up with nothing. My spot from last year has not produced yet, but I went back and check the date stamp on the pic I took last season and it was on the 26th, so maybe it may still come through yet. I think a quarter inch of rain or more would certainly help. I am concerned about maybe the hogs are getting to mine before me. I shot a hog each day I was in that area and it looks a lot more rooted up than I remember it being last year.
Try leaving some of your clothes with your scent on it if the hogs are spooky. It may help for a day or two.

It was pretty dry out here, but its worse each day.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try leaving some of your clothes with your scent on it if the hogs are spooky. It may help for a day or two.

It was pretty dry out here, but its worse each day.
Got a bottle of wolf urine to keep bobcats away from my house. I wonder how they would react to that? My preferred method is to drink a few beers and mark my territory frequently.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So looks like every bit of the state got at least some rain with many areas getting 2+ inches. I am planning to go out tomorrow for a look about. Are any of the rest of you going to try again, or has the season passed us by already?
It will be a pretty day for walking around. Don't know until you go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom