Mosin prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped in another forum I havent been to in years that use to have a pretty large following of Mosin folks. Looking around I saw referb M91/30s selling for $450, M39s $800+..... Are these things really going that high? Sorry I have been out of the Mosin game for awhile, looks like I need to clean out the safe.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm afraid, given the situation in eastern Ukraine at the moment, that Mosin prices are going the way of gas prices. along with all other combloc weapons.

e5aqdkk0rjp81.png

rip cheap ammo/guns

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
everyone was warned!

glad i got into c&r and surplus guns as soon as i could. they were cheap, historic, aesthetic, and reliable. ones in normal calibers were definitely coveted.

i regret not buying so many more. should have bought a mosin with every paycheck in my 20's lol. lord knows i wanted to, but listened to all my ex-gf's when they said "you have enough".

ALWAYS trust yer gut. how much easier would banning guns be if gun sales were rare? the fact so many are sold are tantamount, and it's just as true with old milsurp stuff.

aaaaand you have the added zoomer element; kids who are turning 18-21 and want the same guns that we got for dirt cheap out of a barrel or a crate. but they aren't dirt cheap anymore.

why ANYONE would buy a mosin over an entry level savage 10, rem 700, weatherby vanguard, browning a-bolt, etc etc is kinda missing me; the whole point to me was "well heck i can buy this rifle a few crates of ammo for about two days of work...."

when i bought my saiga-74 and crates of 7n6 it was my cheapest firearm to shoot outside .22. and there were times when .22 jumped up that it straight up WAS my cheapest firearm to shoot.

and i'll add that i don't know why but i can't get the idea of a turkish gun ban out of my head. yeah yeah nato and all, but lots of people don't support them on both sides. and if #*!& goes down we all know which side they will take. lots of really good turkish guns are still dirt cheap right now, but there's a chance they could be worth *considerably* more in the future.

those cheap turkish mp5 clones look sooooo tempting.....

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
everyone was warned!

glad i got into c&r and surplus guns as soon as i could. they were cheap, historic, aesthetic, and reliable. ones in normal calibers were definitely coveted.

i regret not buying so many more. should have bought a mosin with every paycheck in my 20's lol. lord knows i wanted to, but listened to all my ex-gf's when they said "you have enough".

ALWAYS trust yer gut. how much easier would banning guns be if gun sales were rare? the fact so many are sold are tantamount, and it's just as true with old milsurp stuff.

aaaaand you have the added zoomer element; kids who are turning 18-21 and want the same guns that we got for dirt cheap out of a barrel or a crate. but they aren't dirt cheap anymore.

why ANYONE would buy a mosin over an entry level savage 10, rem 700, weatherby vanguard, browning a-bolt, etc etc is kinda missing me; the whole point to me was "well heck i can buy this rifle a few crates of ammo for about two days of work...."

when i bought my saiga-74 and crates of 7n6 it was my cheapest firearm to shoot outside .22. and there were times when .22 jumped up that it straight up WAS my cheapest firearm to shoot.

and i'll add that i don't know why but i can't get the idea of a turkish gun ban out of my head. yeah yeah nato and all, but lots of people don't support them on both sides. and if #*!& goes down we all know which side they will take. lots of really good turkish guns are still dirt cheap right now, but there's a chance they could be worth *considerably* more in the future.

those cheap turkish mp5 clones look sooooo tempting.....
Had to look that up. Didn’t know that Century had Turkish MP5s. Always wanted one but the price for MP5s has also always been up there. 2Gs is cheeper than an H&K but still some good scratch.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow that’s ridiculous! I used to have two 91/30s (bought for $99 ea) and a m44 with side flip bayonet. Sold them a few years ago when I could afford nice guns lol. Like joegrizzy said they were kinda a “well it’s dirt cheap and bulk ammo is cheap, so I’ll go ahead and buy it” type deal. Never liked the terrible safety, poor triggers, crappy ammo, difficult to scope, etc.. in hindsight I do kinda wish I kept the M44. I took 2 deer with my M44. But oh well, I’ve got much nicer guns now

If they’re not cheap, they’re not worth it to me. I’d never pay more than $300 for a mosin. At over $300 just buy a savage axis and put a $15 trigger spring kit in it, you’ll have a better gun.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like an M39 or M59, but really like the M44s. Yes, they've gone up, and the ammo has really climbed in price, but if one was to have bought a fair amount of that surplus ammo when it was cheap, then the Mosins still provide a really fun time.

You can get a better rifle for less money for sure, but it won't have the history or character - if that's something that matters to you. Then again, I wouldn't pay the going rate for one now unless it had really rare features.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Had to look that up. Didn’t know that Century had Turkish MP5s. Always wanted one but the price for MP5s has also always been up there. 2Gs is cheeper than an H&K but still some good scratch.
not sure if anyone has gotten it; but there's a $200 mail in rebate on those turkish AP5's as well. so some of them are as cheap as $1,300-$1,400.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like an M39 or M59, but really like the M44s. Yes, they've gone up, and the ammo has really climbed in price, but if one was to have bought a fair amount of that surplus ammo when it was cheap, then the Mosins still provide a really fun time.

You can get a better rifle for less money for sure, but it won't have the history or character - if that's something that matters to you. Then again, I wouldn't pay the going rate for one now unless it had really rare features.

Ever seen one that still had the original Importers box? Mine does (Merlot). And an instructional manual.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The late Honeybee on this forum had a big group buy about 10 years ago; he had two pallets of them in a room of his house. I still have a couple of those still in the boxes, with all of the accessories, bayonet, etc. Just cleaned the cosmo off of them and never shot them.