Mossberg 590 Magpul Edition & Weapon Mounted Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a 590 Magpul edition last week, and got to shoot it today for the first time. I mounted my Streamlight TLR-1s all the way forward on the left side of the forend in order to see how it would handle the combination of 00 buckshot and slugs. This is my first dedicated "HD" shotgun, so I've never shot with a WML. Got a nasty surprise after the first shot when I thought the light had ripped my thumbnail off. Come to find out it had just hit the tip of my thumb, but still felt like somebody nailed it with a ball peen hammer. I tried modifying my grip on the forend, but after a few more shots I just removed the light.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? Right now I'm looking for another alternative for mounting a WML. The Surefire forend looks like the best option, but the $300 price tag almost makes the hammer look attractive.

On the bright side, I'm really liking the shotgun. It's the 20" barrel/8+1 capacity version with ghost ring sights. Picked it up for $450 including the FFL fee.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/p-53263-mossberg-magpul-590-1220cyl-9rd-prk.aspx

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a 590A1 mariner. I dont have a light mounted so I cant help you there but ill give you some other advise. Be careful when shooting from the hip b/c the safety will act like a cheese grater on your thumb.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 18.5" model and added a TLR series on a Magpul cantilever mount. So far so good. If it is too bad bor you get a grip panel and rear plate, mount opposite side and control light with the pressure pad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom