Most "non-descript" AR Lower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to pile on, but,

af36c8d1bafbe9e6c6f03099332e169a.jpg

a7f0cefc8835953a9c69a67d2cffd630.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what all is legally required?

Why cant one just have small script with the MFG name and a serial number?
I dont care about caliber, model, their location, what caliber they think it should be.

Why not just "Aero #A123456" done under where the safety is or something, out of the way and the rest blank?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So what all is legally required?

Why cant one just have small script with the MFG name and a serial number?
I dont care about caliber, model, their location, what caliber they think it should be.

Why not just "Aero #A123456" done under where the safety is or something, out of the way and the rest blank?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...rms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overview

TL;DR:
1. Serial number
2. Model number (if designated)
3. Caliber/gauge
4. Maker name
5. City, ST

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
City, ST of IMPORTER, correct? So that can knock one off.

The others could still be done without big stylized text or logos. Some of the ones posted are close but no cigar for what I really want. I may have to end up looking into an 80% which I had zero desire to do. Blah.

Nope, needs City, ST for both domestic and imported. Imported ADDS country of Mfr.

1. In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business; and

2. In the case of an imported firearm, the name of the country in which it was manufactured and the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the importer maintain your place of business. For additional requirements relating to imported firearms, see Customs regulations at 19 CFR part 134.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Man, thats exactly it. :(

I saw the email from AIMSurplus and immediately thought of you. Alas, they don't have any in stock like the one pictured. You might email them and ask what lower that is and see if you can find it somewhere else. They've been pretty quick to get back to me in the past when I've asked questions.

What about this?
https://www.aimsurplus.com/product....+Smooth+Side+Ambi+Lower+Receiver&groupid=1348

or this?
https://www.aimsurplus.com/product....LTI+Cal.+Lower+Receiver&search=lower+receiver

Latest posts

Top Bottom