Mountain Lion killed after preying on sheep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Saw one down on the creek last year, when it let out it's growl it sounded like a woman screaming. Crazy scary to the kids. Been making it's way around here for years. Probably came from the Wichita Mountain Wildlife area and just followed the creeks. Or so that is the opinion of many old farmers around here.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is. But if I'm not mistaken they have a range of around 150 miles. They are quite the traveler. And I don't suspect there to be a lot of them around these parts anymore.
I think it is a repopulation, migrating in, of them, not ones that remained here.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Book I read a few years ago:
51Wiooj+71L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044XV6GG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard what we thought was a lady screaming about 20 years ago while turkey hunting. There wasn't a house for miles then. Freaked me out.

About 5 years ago, I saw one walking back from hunting at dusk. I'll admit I get a little freaked walking to my spots in the dark now.

This is in Roger Mills Co. just north of Black Kettle.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw one down on the creek last year, when it let out it's growl it sounded like a woman screaming. .

I heard what we thought was a lady screaming about 20 years ago while turkey hunting.

This is exactly how my son described his experience hearing a mountain lion during a backpacking trip at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do they do, hit the jim beam too hard and start singing around the campfire?
I can tell my three encounters with those cats there were both thrilling and nerve wracking. First time I saw a mountain line there it was moving along the power line cut. Just a beautiful animal that ducked down one of the rv trails. I lite my KTM up and took off after it. About two turns and it bounded off into the trees. Thats when it hit me. I'm unarmed on a XC motorcycle nobody knows where I am and one of the finest predators in North America is close by but I don't know where. Makes you feel kind of like prey. Luckily next two encounters were at night from the cab of the truck.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great story about the big cats in OK, especially the info about a collared one from the Black Hills of SD being killed by a train near Red Rock. That's only a short distance from the deer lease I had this year and that train track passes just south of the lease. Seeing a mountain lion in that area would be a special surprise.

A friend near Prue posted a recent photo of a mountain lion in a tree just off of 209th West Avenue in southern Osage County.
Where was that picture posted

Latest posts

Top Bottom