Mountain Lion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_850088c142273e9abe891ebcf44884b6_zps3b4572fa.jpg
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_cc276b3b1b283e0a812bebd6bed88d02_zpsa541d039.jpg

A friend of mine from arizona called in this lion last week. The season was open in the unit he was hunting but he had a malfunction with his gun and didn't shoot it. He got several good pictures of it though. I was out there hunting with him a few years back and he called in a black bear and shot it. Probably only a handful of people in the world to call in a bear and a lion.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a bobcat with a tail deformity.

Tell your buddy cool pics BTW.

I am conflicted about calling a Mountain Lion. How do you call, be still enough to not be seen, all the while looking around to make sure he isn't behind you fixin to take you out.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are awesome pics. Have to admit, there was some disappointment in real pics of a mountain lion and not claims of seeing a "black panther".

When I saw who the poster was, my first thought, finally a pic of a real mountain lion in Oklahoma and not another bobcat/coyote/dog story. Then I saw Arizona and was slightly disappointed.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I saw who the poster was, my first thought, finally a pic of a real mountain lion in Oklahoma and not another bobcat/coyote/dog story. Then I saw Arizona and was slightly disappointed.

Sorry for the disappointment. LOL!!!! I would love to call one in some day for sure. I wouldn't care if I shot it or not. Just like to see a real lion up close. There are quite a few lions in Arizona, California and Washington state so my odds are much better when I hunt out west. I have a trip planned to Arizona in November so we will see.
Johnny I know 5 different people that have called them in and they all seemed to respond fairly quick and stuck around for a while. They all responded while trying to call a bobcat so I'm assuming it's all a matter of right place, right time.
Now the black ones, those require a whole different set of tactics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom