Muzzle Brake Install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to have a brake installed on one of my rifles. I am looking for a gunsmith in the tulsa area that can do it. If there is, do they manufacture the brakes, or will I need to order one in to have them install?

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to have a brake installed on one of my rifles. I am looking for a gunsmith in the tulsa area that can do it. If there is, do they manufacture the brakes, or will I need to order one in to have them install?

Need more info...what type of rifle is it?

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is any chance of you shooting prone or across the hood of your truck don't get a radial brake! it'll blow up more dirt than you would ever imagine and well I'm sure you could figure out what that would do to your paintjob on your truck :-O

I've got one from Jim See but it's going on a 7WSM pistol, yep a break will be a nice thing and I'm using a rifle scope so the break is needed. I don't like them and I just don't get rifles that hurt when I shoot them. Another option and don't take it wrong it's just what they are called is to get a sissy bag for range time they work real well and your not adding umpteen extra decibels.

There are a mess of makers out there, I've had one of Steve's breaks before and it worked well but found I could deal with the recoil better than the extra noise. Later,

Kirk

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it to Martin Custom in Shawnee. Best brake I've ever shot. It has a different look than most, but I kinda like it. My 30-06 has recoil more like a 243 now, but it's HOLY CHIT loud without ear protection.

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_brake.jpg
ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_brake3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom