Muzzleloader help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboy4122

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, thanks to all of you. Ok, loose powder which one? Do they sell 777 loose? I dont want to use black powder. Thats the only loose one i have ever used. That was in my traditional ML, 15 years ago.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use black powder. Its less corrosive than 777.
Saw a picture post on another forum where a guy used 777, and black powder on steel plates, and put them in an attic. Took pics every two weeks for a couple of months. The BP had very little corrosion, and 777 ate up the steel plate.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i would try differant bullets like 300 gr Hornady SST or tc shock waves and one very important fact that alot people over look is when loading try always to seat the bullet with the same amount pressure it makes a big differance,a ml is alot like a bow everything needs to be the same with every shot,try this clean it,run patch down barrel with lube on it.then load and shoot it see where it hits.now clean it good and put one down the barrel without lubing it first,and shoot it.it will shoot way high. just saying make sure every shot for the ml is in the same condition everytime

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, thanks to all of you. Ok, loose powder which one? Do they sell 777 loose? I dont want to use black powder. Thats the only loose one i have ever used. That was in my traditional ML, 15 years ago.
I won't use anything but black powder in my Remington. The last pyrodex I had got poured out in a post hole before I set the post....Have no use for the stuff.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard excellent reports fromt he Blackhorn 209 loose powder. It's a tad pricey, but have heard that it burns very consistent. This all reminds me that I need to go to the range and burn up a bunch of pellets, and get back to the loose granules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom