My CrossFit Addiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XChosen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay 38 a month for my gym and most of the cf gyms semi local to me want over $100 a month. Simply can't justify that much extra a month.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I keep hearing this same statement over and over. Listen carefully.....it is worth every penny to get into a completely different level of conditioning. One month of Crossfit is equal to way more then 3 months of a regular gym.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing this same statement over and over. Listen carefully.....it is worth every penny to get into a completely different level of conditioning. One month of Crossfit is equal to way more then 3 months of a regular gym.

I like lifting weights. My conditioning is perfectly fine to be in the 93-95% score range on my annual fitness tests. My gym does crossfit type classes. I know what cf is about. I'm friends with a couple folks who did the whole level one crossfit certified class in Vegas. Will I try it sometime? Sure. Is it worth 3x what I pay when it's not 100% in line with what I like to do? Nope.

XChosen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like lifting weights. My conditioning is perfectly fine to be in the 93-95% score range on my annual fitness tests. My gym does crossfit type classes. I know what cf is about. I'm friends with a couple folks who did the whole level one crossfit certified class in Vegas. Will I try it sometime? Sure. Is it worth 3x what I pay when it's not 100% in line with what I like to do? Nope.

Fair enough, I just wish I could have started my crossfit journey in my 20's instead of my 40's.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is bordering on cultish. Wow.

I know that you have more personal instruction than the rate should be commensurately higher. But to say its three times as effective? As effective as what, exactly?

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are on the subject, do any of our crossfit addicts here on the board endorse any specific facility to train? I am in OKC, but maybe give some recos for places in OKC and Tulsa? I fully agree that the trainers set the spirit of any gym, so I would love to know where you guys prefer to train.

Thanks!

I trained once at the Crossfit Jenks and it was nicer than I expected. Seemed like a fairly large box with for the area. The owner was a great guy as we'll. I was in the 4pm class, iirc, and there were about 10 people. Owner said that was about typical class size. It was nice as I am used to about 30 people per class where I train.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What is involved in your annual fitness test? I'd bet you a box of ammo your fitness test won't compare to most daily crossfit workouts like "fight gone bad" or "25 days of Christmas" to name a few. The reality is, most people who go to the regular gym may do treadmill work great or Olympic lifting well and are quite strong or can crush the stairclimber. The reality is, crossfit takes everything you would do at a big gym, mixes it up and and make your body scream for mercy.

Yeah, some of you naysayers will call me crazy or that crossfit is a cult but it's just a different way to work out that tends to produce far superior results.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are on the subject, do any of our crossfit addicts here on the board endorse any specific facility to train? I am in OKC, but maybe give some recos for places in OKC and Tulsa? I fully agree that the trainers set the spirit of any gym, so I would love to know where you guys prefer to train.

Thanks!

I ise CrossFit OKC which is actually in south Edmond. It's on a little side street called Enterprise dr between 15 & 33 on Kelley. Love it. I feel like a kid again as far as energy and can do more, stronger, longer and faster than at any time in my life. I'm in 3x better shape than when I got out of basic training. Then I was great cardio condition but just skinny. Now I'm 50# heavier, strong and solid as a rock and in just as good of cardiovascular shape.

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is involved in your annual fitness test? I'd bet you a box of ammo your fitness test won't compare to most daily crossfit workouts like "fight gone bad" or "25 days of Christmas" to name a few. The reality is, most people who go to the regular gym may do treadmill work great or Olympic lifting well and are quite strong or can crush the stairclimber. The reality is, crossfit takes everything you would do at a big gym, mixes it up and and make your body scream for mercy.

Yeah, some of you naysayers will call me crazy or that crossfit is a cult but it's just a different way to work out that tends to produce far superior results.

And you'd win a box of ammo from me. It isn't, but that isn't my point. I get no special incentive or extra pay for crushing our fitness test. Far superior results in what? What type of workouts you do is going to depend on what results you are looking for. I'm not going to go to a CF gym and hope I get so strong I can start powerlifting. That takes that type of workouts. A CF'er wouldn't go to a regular gym and start lifting mad heavy Olympic style and hope their box jumps improve. Can one help improve the other? Sure, everything helps, but you should focus on what you want. Like I told the other guy, what I like to do I can do at my gym for far less than $100 or more a month. It won't be worth it to me to add more expense a month just to do Crossfit maybe twice a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom