My Custom 1911 grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the wood work myself and had a buddy do the burning. I think they came out pretty great, but I got my holes off just a hair, but I can live with it. Made them out of cherry wood, they are a tad lighter in color than the pic shows.

RIA1911 007.JPG
RIA1911 003.JPG

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great Rebel!!:mosh:

For future reference to make your life a little easier. Clamp your old grips to the new grip material you will be using and use the old stocks to act as a guide!

I am going to try some out of G-10 and then some Carbon Fiber here soon. Hope they turn out as nice as yours.

I say hell yea bro, nice work. I look forward to seeing more:clap3:

Chris

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great Rebel!!:mosh:

For future reference to make your life a little easier. Clamp your old grips to the new grip material you will be using and use the old stocks to act as a guide!

I am going to try some out of G-10 and then some Carbon Fiber here soon. Hope they turn out as nice as yours.

I say hell yea bro, nice work. I look forward to seeing more:clap3:

Chris

Thats I good idea, I never thought of it becuase the guy I bought my blanks off of, had already traced the outlines for me.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no finish, I just sanded them all the way up to 2000 grit and they comve out very nice, guy that taught me how says a finish will just make somthing that smooth look worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom