My first ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well folks,

I have always been more into traditional rifles but with the influence from a friend of mine, who is also a member here, I decided to build an AR.

Started back in June 3. I bought stripped LAR Grizzly lower from reddog1 at BANG for my birthday. If my grandmother only knew what the birthday money she gave me bought HA!

Later picked up a CMMG lower parts kit from local gun shop mid to end of june. Was first time to really mess with an AR (only shot one once i think at this point) put it together using a youtube video. Went smoothly.

Then this last pay period i had worked a ton of overtime and gave "shootin 4 fun" at fatboy tactical a visit this weekend when i was in tulsa visiting. After handing him a copious amount of dead presidents and a debit card transaction i left with a 16" nitride coated 1-7" upper with MOE handguard and a UTG stock kit.

Carry handle was from friend on here- skitch1137

anyhow....here it is

i607.photobucket.com_albums_tt156_cowboy_becker_20120714_200757.jpg

Still few things i wanna do like magpul stock and grip, upgrade trigger as it has a TON of creep, and maybe a tacticool accessory or two like a flashlight or something.

Thanks for looking,

becker

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on your first AR! Nice looking rifle!

I also think it's really cool that you supported two of the board members in building it.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That CMMG LPK is a nice kit, it was so nice not having to sit and seperate all the individual pieces like I have had to do with multiple other kits. Rifle looks good man! I cannot wait to get off of work tonight to get the rest of my build together and mount the FBT upper onto it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom